Asterisks not eliminated in @code

Yongwei Wu
I have some doc comments that work well in v1.6 or earlier:

/**
 * Functor to return objects pointed by a container of pointers.
 *
 * A typical usage might be like:
 * @code
 * vector<Object*> v;
 * ...
 * transform(v.begin(), v.end(),
 *           ostream_iterator<Object>(cout, " "),
 *           dereference());
 * @endcode
 */

The generated documentation eliminates all the beginning asterisks automatically, as can be seen here:

I have found the behaviour changed in v1.8: currently the generated documentation keeps the asterisks between @code and @endcode. The generated code looks like this:

Functor to delete objects pointed by a container of pointers.

A typical usage might be like:

* list<Object*> l;
* ...
* for_each(l.begin(), l.end(), delete_object());
*

Is this a bug or intentional change?

I would appreciate the original behaviour better.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--
Wu Yongwei

Re: Asterisks not eliminated in @code

Dimitri van Heesch-2
Hi Yongwei,

> On 26 Oct 2015, at 14:39 , Yongwei Wu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have some doc comments that work well in v1.6 or earlier:
>
> /**
>  * Functor to return objects pointed by a container of pointers.
>  *
>  * A typical usage might be like:
>  * @code
>  * vector<Object*> v;
>  * ...
>  * transform(v.begin(), v.end(),
>  *           ostream_iterator<Object>(cout, " "),
>  *           dereference());
>  * @endcode
>  */
>
> The generated documentation eliminates all the beginning asterisks automatically, as can be seen here:
>
> http://nvwa.sourceforge.net/doc/1.0/structnvwa_1_1dereference.html
>
> I have found the behaviour changed in v1.8: currently the generated documentation keeps the asterisks between @code and @endcode. The generated code looks like this:
> Functor to delete objects pointed by a container of pointers.
>
> A typical usage might be like:
>
> * list<Object*> l;
> * ...
> * for_each(l.begin(), l.end(), delete_object());
> *
>
> Is this a bug or intentional change?

It was a bug in version 1.8.5 only. No other 1.8.x version has this issue.

Regards,
  Dimitri

On 27 October 2015 at 02:51, Dimitri van Heesch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Yongwei,
>
> > On 26 Oct 2015, at 14:39 , Yongwei Wu <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have some doc comments that work well in v1.6 or earlier:
> >
> > /**
> >  * Functor to return objects pointed by a container of pointers.
> >  *
> >  * A typical usage might be like:
> >  * @code
> >  * vector<Object*> v;
> >  * ...
> >  * transform(v.begin(), v.end(),
> >  *           ostream_iterator<Object>(cout, " "),
> >  *           dereference());
> >  * @endcode
> >  */
> >
> > The generated documentation eliminates all the beginning asterisks automatically, as can be seen here:
> >
> > http://nvwa.sourceforge.net/doc/1.0/structnvwa_1_1dereference.html
> >
> > I have found the behaviour changed in v1.8: currently the generated documentation keeps the asterisks between @code and @endcode. The generated code looks like this:
> > Functor to delete objects pointed by a container of pointers.
> >
> > A typical usage might be like:
> >
> > * list<Object*> l;
> > * ...
> > * for_each(l.begin(), l.end(), delete_object());
> > *
> >
> > Is this a bug or intentional change?
>
> It was a bug in version 1.8.5 only. No other 1.8.x version has this issue.

Oops, really sorry for not testing against the latest version.

I can confirm now that 1.8.10 does not have this issue.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--
Wu Yongwei