C++ 11/14, etc support

CareyG
I can't find any documentation on the C++ 11/14/17 features supported by Doxygen versions.  Does such a document or web page exist?

I have code that is mostly written in older C++ (C++ x03) and an increasing amount written in C++ 11/14/17.  I need to know whether features such as final, template aliases, overrides, etc are supported as my developers increasingly use these features.  If they are not supported, I will have to find ways to work around the use of these language features.  And, if they are supported, I would like a reference document (or web page) that I can give to my developers.

Thanks,

Carey

Re: C++ 11/14, etc support

Andreas Tscharner
On 22.09.2016 23:58, CareyG wrote:

[snip]
> I have code that is mostly written in older C++ (C++ x03) and an increasing
> amount written in C++ 11/14/17.  I need to know whether features such as
> final, template aliases, overrides, etc are supported as my developers
> increasingly use these features.  If they are not supported, I will have to
> find ways to work around the use of these language features.  And, if they
> are supported, I would like a reference document (or web page) that I can
> give to my developers.

The latest version (1.8.12) of doxygen has a new option:
CLANG_ASSISTED_PARSING. The documentation in the file says:

"# If the CLANG_ASSISTED_PARSING tag is set to YES then doxygen will use the
# clang parser (see: http://clang.llvm.org/) for more accurate parsing
at the
# cost of reduced performance. This can be particularly helpful with
template
# rich C++ code for which doxygen's built-in parser lacks the necessary type
# information.
# Note: The availability of this option depends on whether or not
doxygen was
# generated with the -Duse-libclang=ON option for CMake.
# The default value is: NO."

HTH and best regards
        Andreas
--
       ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

Andreas Tscharner   [hidden email]   ICQ-No. 14356454

Re: C++ 11/14, etc support

Dimitri van Heesch-2
Hi Carey,

Doxygen should support all C++ features up to and including version 11.
C++14 doesn't have many new language changes that are relevant for doxygen's parser, so it should work as well.
C++17 has not been standardised, so it is not explicitly supported.

Regards,
  Dimitri