C++: brief comments

Sebastien
Hello,

I have recently updated Doxygen from 1.8.11 to 1.8.14... and the number of warnings in my project has skyrocketed with it (from 0 to almost 5000...)

I use Doxygen with EXTRACT_ALL=YES and WARN_NO_PARAMDOC =YES.

The issue stems from one liner functions or methods, for instance I might have:

//! Get the current value of foo.
const Foo& GetFoo() const noexcept;

Previously it returned no warning, but now it's complaining about the missing documentation about the return type (and it's worse if some parameters are involved).

I could correct and replace by:

/*!
 * \brief Accessor to the current value of foo.
 *
 * \return Current value of foo.
 */
const Foo& GetFoo() const noexcept;

but it would be very cumbersome... and it hinders readability, because the header files would become much bigger.

Choosing WARN_NO_PARAMDOC=NO would on the other hand hide real missing documentation in more elaborated functions or methods.

Is there a way to make the one-liner comment enough without raising any warning?

Thanks!

Best regards,

S├ębastien