Code snippet line numbering

Dominic Amann
Is there a way to number the code snippet lines with their absolute (file based) line numbers? I am including the snippet to show other developers where to look in the code to modify certain values, and the "1" based line numbers are not helpful.

If there is no way to do this, then I would like to request this as a feature.

--

People are generally better persuaded by the reasons which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come into the mind of others - Blaise Pascal.

Dominic Amann
M 416-270-4587

Re: Code snippet line numbering

albert
Dominic,

There are at the moment, as far as I know, no possibilities to do this, best is to file a bug report for an enhancement at bugzilla (see: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/trouble.html#bug_reports).
Which version of doxygen ar you using and which output format?
Where do you see the line numbers?

Albert

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Dominic Amann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to number the code snippet lines with their absolute (file based) line numbers? I am including the snippet to show other developers where to look in the code to modify certain values, and the "1" based line numbers are not helpful.

If there is no way to do this, then I would like to request this as a feature.

--

People are generally better persuaded by the reasons which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come into the mind of others - Blaise Pascal.

Dominic Amann
M <a href="tel:416-270-4587" value="+14162704587" target="_blank">416-270-4587

Re: Code snippet line numbering

Dominic Amann
Here is the Doxygen comment that produces the snippet:

#   To demonstrate the API, take a look at the transducer_setup method of
#   the app class (in pyscope_any.py) below:
#
#   \snippet this transducer setup
#
#   multiMode must be set to 4 to support multiple transducers (0 for legacy mode).

Here is the snippet as produced (seen in my browser).

====

To demonstrate the API, take a look at the transducer_setup method of the app class (in pyscope_any.py) below:

1  def transducer_setup(self):
2  tc1 = TraceCollector()
3  tc1.on_init()
4  settings = TraceCollectorPy.SGprSettings()
5  settings.points_per_trace = PPT
6  # This may need shifting for different frequencies
7  settings.window_timeshift_ps = -42000
8  settings.multiMode = 4
9  # edit tuples in following call for different transducer arrangements
10  tc1.prepare_transducers(0, 1, settings, [(1, 1, 1), (2, 2, 1)])
11  # put RX scopes in right slots
12  tc1.add_scope(2)
13  # add our new trace-collector to list
14  self._trace_collectors.append(tc1)

multiMode must be set to 4 to support multiple transducers (0 for legacy mode).

====

Ideally, the line numbers would be 325..338 (the actual line numbers within the code).

On 31 August 2016 at 11:56, Albert <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I can reproduce it with python code, the small test I ran before used C code and didn't show the line numbers, so we have a second problem here.
We have to dive into these problems, please submit bug reports for it.

Note: you use as snippet identification transducer setup which is at the moment fully correct, but please use transducer_setup as the definition of the snippet command might slightly change in a future version (adding some extra arguments, which might require a small inconsistency).

Albert