Creating a main "hub" for componentized documentation

Creating a main "hub" for componentized documentation

Robert Dailey-2
I have integrated Doxygen documentation generation into CMake via tag
files. Each dependency on a library introduces a tag file dependency.
So far all of this is going great; but there's no "central" landing
page that connects everything together.

What would be the best way to manage a central / main page of sorts to
connect multiple index.html together? Note I found a really old answer
that seems to touch on this over at stackoverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/11582562/157971

However there is not very much detail on the layout.xml idea.

What I plan to do is have our CI build server generate all
documentation each night and push the entire documentation tree to an
apache server. Ideally I could send out 1 URL to everyone that they
can use to reach all documented components.

Advice is appreciated!

Re: Creating a main "hub" for componentized documentation

Mark
Hi Robert,

On Jun 29, 2017, at 13:16, Robert Dailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have integrated Doxygen documentation generation into CMake via tag
files. Each dependency on a library introduces a tag file dependency.

I have been trying to use tags. I get no errors from doxygen. The log even says “Reading tag file” but nothing from the tags shows up in the index or anywhere else in the document that is importing the tag file. Please point me at a working example showing both generation and import of tags.

So far all of this is going great; but there's no "central" landing
page that connects everything together.

I am looking for the same thing. So far I have not found an answer, not even by way of my query to this list. I hope you have better luck.

Regards

    -Mark

On Jun 29, 2017, at 15:09, Mark <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Robert,

On Jun 29, 2017, at 13:16, Robert Dailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have integrated Doxygen documentation generation into CMake via tag
files. Each dependency on a library introduces a tag file dependency.

I have been trying to use tags. I get no errors from doxygen. The log even says “Reading tag file” but nothing from the tags shows up in the index or anywhere else in the document that is importing the tag file. Please point me at a working example showing both generation and import of tags.

So far all of this is going great; but there's no "central" landing
page that connects everything together.

I am looking for the same thing. So far I have not found an answer, not even by way of my query to this list. I hope you have better luck.

I tried to see how doxygen.org does this but after some study it became clear to me that the doxygen source on github does not have the complete code used to generate doxygen.org. So I got nowhere.

Regards

    -Mark

Re: Creating a main "hub" for componentized documentation

Robert Dailey-2
Would still love some advice on this if possible.