Custom command where multiple adjacent are joined into a single "paragraph"

Custom command where multiple adjacent are joined into a single "paragraph"

Mark
I want to create a custom “\error” command that has the exact behavior of \exception (and many others), of joining multiple adjacent occurrences, but prints “Errors” as the section heading.

This exact question (except the wanted text is Options) was asked nearly 6 years on stackoverflow. The conclusion there is that there is no way to do it except using <li>. Ugh! The OP said he was going to submit a feature request.

It seems unbelievable, given the number of commands that have this joining behavior, that there is no underlying generic command having the behavior that could be used in an ALIAS. If such a thing exists, it has not exactly jumped out at me in special commands. Am I just missing it?

Regards

    -Mark