Documenting private methods

Alfredo José Fernandes Palhares
Hello,

I know that this sound a little stupid.
If is private no one is gonna see it.
But i am in a very large php project i need to document the private methods.

Me and my colleagues had already get used to doxygen syntax, so we decide that is better use the the doxygen syntax ( like \param and \return ).
So can i set like to builds configs?  one that show only public methods and menbers, and other that generarte everything ?
Can you suggest anything ? How do you use in this cases ?
I can try it and see, only by the night i can do that.

We are open to suggestions.

Alfredo Palhares

Re: Documenting private methods

Selke, Gisbert W.
Nachricht
Hi Alfredo --
But i am in a very large php project i need to document the private methods.
Have you tried the configuration option EXTRACT_PRIVATE?

Me and my colleagues had already get used to doxygen syntax, so we decide that is better use the the doxygen syntax ( like \param and \return ).
So can i set like to builds configs?  one that show only public methods and menbers, and other that generarte everything ?
Can you suggest anything ? How do you use in this cases ?
I don't think it is possible to extract *only* private methods/members. I'm not even sure that would make a lot of sense.

\Gisbert

Re: Documenting private methods

Martin Svensson-3
Just run doxygen twice, with EXTRACT_PRIVATE in one of the config files:
doxygen ConfigName1
doxygen ConfigName2
But this seems too easy. Am I misunderstanding you?

--
Martin Svensson
SW Developer

Net Insight AB | Box 42093 | SE-126 14 STOCKHOLM | SWEDEN
Visiting address: Västberga Allé 9
Direct: +46 (0)8 685 04 29 | Mobile: +46 (0)76 535 04 14
Phone: +46 (0)8 685 04 00 | Fax: +46 (0)8 685 04 20
Web: http://www.netinsight.net

> Hello,
>
> I know that this sound a little stupid.
> If is private no one is gonna see it.
> But i am in a very large php project i need to document the private
> methods.
>
> Me and my colleagues had already get used to doxygen syntax, so we
> decide that is better use the the doxygen syntax ( like \param and
> \return ).
> So can i set like to builds configs?  one that show only public
> methods and menbers, and other that generarte everything ?
> Can you suggest anything ? How do you use in this cases ?
> I can try it and see, only by the night i can do that.
>
> We are open to suggestions.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Alfredo Palhares

Re: Documenting private methods

Margarete
Hi, it is not stupid at all. I have had the same wish.
I have found a following way:
private:
    /**
     * @internal
     * A short one line description
     *
     * Access:     public
     * @param [in]  Results result1
     * @param [in]  Results result2
     * @return   void
     * @endinternal
     */
You can use INTERNAL_DOCS in the config file to show (YES) or hide (NO) the internal documentation.
There is perhaps a small disadvantage, you need to use  @internal @endinternal commands to all private sections, you want to shaw, separately.