FILTER_PATTERNS not working?

Clayton
Hi guys,

Take for instance this Visual Basic project:

        https://github.com/mbedded-ninja/AltiumScriptCentral

and using this plugin filter:

        https://github.com/sevoku/doxygen-vb-filter

In Doxyfile, if I put:

FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
INPUT_FILTER = /path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh
FILTER_PATTERNS =

it works, I get output. However if I use these settings:

FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
INPUT_FILTER =
FILTER_PATTERNS = *.vbs=/path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh

nothing happens except a lot more warnings, whose meaning is not clear
to me.

I have WARN_LOGFILE turned on, and attached are the warnings
corresponding to the two scenarios.

So is something broken, or am I misconfigured? Opinions?

Clayton

doxygen.errors.INPUT_FILTER (326 bytes) Download Attachment
doxygen.errors.FILTER_PATTERNS (15K) Download Attachment

Re: FILTER_PATTERNS not working?

Dimitri van Heesch-2

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 13:15 , Clayton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Take for instance this Visual Basic project:
>
> https://github.com/mbedded-ninja/AltiumScriptCentral
>
> and using this plugin filter:
>
> https://github.com/sevoku/doxygen-vb-filter
>
> In Doxyfile, if I put:
>
> FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
> INPUT_FILTER = /path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh
> FILTER_PATTERNS =
>
> it works, I get output. However if I use these settings:
>
> FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
> INPUT_FILTER =
> FILTER_PATTERNS = *.vbs=/path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh
>
> nothing happens except a lot more warnings, whose meaning is not clear
> to me.
>
> I have WARN_LOGFILE turned on, and attached are the warnings
> corresponding to the two scenarios.
>
> So is something broken, or am I misconfigured? Opinions?

It helps to know which version of doxygen you are using and on which platform/OS.

Also check this:
http://doxygen.10944.n7.nabble.com/FILTER-PATTERNS-vs-INPUT-FILTER-td3873.html

Regards,
  Dimitri

Re: FILTER_PATTERNS not working?

Clayton
On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:31:33 +0200
Dimitri van Heesch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 10 Sep 2015, at 13:15 , Clayton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Take for instance this Visual Basic project:
> >
> > https://github.com/mbedded-ninja/AltiumScriptCentral
> >
> > and using this plugin filter:
> >
> > https://github.com/sevoku/doxygen-vb-filter
> >
> > In Doxyfile, if I put:
> >
> > FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
> > INPUT_FILTER = /path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh
> > FILTER_PATTERNS =
> >
> > it works, I get output. However if I use these settings:
> >
> > FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
> > INPUT_FILTER =
> > FILTER_PATTERNS = *.vbs=/path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh
> >
> > nothing happens except a lot more warnings, whose meaning is not
> > clear to me.
> >
> > I have WARN_LOGFILE turned on, and attached are the warnings
> > corresponding to the two scenarios.
> >
> > So is something broken, or am I misconfigured? Opinions?
>
> It helps to know which version of doxygen you are using and on which
> platform/OS.

Sorry, my mistake: I am using a locally built version of doxygen

        $ doxygen --version
        1.8.11

up-to-date with today's master branch, running on Debian Testing
(Linux).

> Also check this:
> http://doxygen.10944.n7.nabble.com/FILTER-PATTERNS-vs-INPUT-FILTER-td3873.html

I don't believe I see anything in there that is incompatible with what
I am doing. I could have sworn I saw FILTER_PATTERNS work some weeks
ago with a different javascript plugin, but maybe I was not looking
straight. (I was new in these parts back then. I should probably
retest.) Where do you figure those warnings in the error log come from,
doxygen or the plugin?

Just seems odd though that it would work with INPUT_FILTER but not with
FILTER_PATTERNS

Clayton

Re: FILTER_PATTERNS not working?

Clayton
On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 20:37:31 +0800
Clayton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:31:33 +0200
> Dimitri van Heesch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > > On 10 Sep 2015, at 13:15 , Clayton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > Take for instance this Visual Basic project:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/mbedded-ninja/AltiumScriptCentral
> > >
> > > and using this plugin filter:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/sevoku/doxygen-vb-filter
> > >
> > > In Doxyfile, if I put:
> > >
> > > FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
> > > INPUT_FILTER = /path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh
> > > FILTER_PATTERNS =
> > >
> > > it works, I get output. However if I use these settings:
> > >
> > > FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
> > > INPUT_FILTER =
> > > FILTER_PATTERNS = *.vbs=/path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh
> > >
> > > nothing happens except a lot more warnings, whose meaning is not
> > > clear to me.
> > >
> > > I have WARN_LOGFILE turned on, and attached are the warnings
> > > corresponding to the two scenarios.
> > >
> > > So is something broken, or am I misconfigured? Opinions?
> >
> > It helps to know which version of doxygen you are using and on which
> > platform/OS.
>
> Sorry, my mistake: I am using a locally built version of doxygen
>
> $ doxygen --version
> 1.8.11
>
> up-to-date with today's master branch, running on Debian Testing
> (Linux).
>
> > Also check this:
> > http://doxygen.10944.n7.nabble.com/FILTER-PATTERNS-vs-INPUT-FILTER-td3873.html
>
> I don't believe I see anything in there that is incompatible with what
> I am doing. I could have sworn I saw FILTER_PATTERNS work some weeks
> ago with a different javascript plugin, but maybe I was not looking
> straight. (I was new in these parts back then. I should probably
> retest.) Where do you figure those warnings in the error log come
> from, doxygen or the plugin?
>
> Just seems odd though that it would work with INPUT_FILTER but not
> with FILTER_PATTERNS

I just retested the *.js scenario. With all else being the same, and the
latest master of doxygen:

These two scenarios

        FILE_PATTERNS = *.js
        FILTER_PATTERNS = /path/to/plugins/js2doxy/js2doxy.pl

and

        FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
        INPUT_FILTER = /path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh

work just fine and produce output. But this

        FILE_PATTERNS = *.vbs
        FILTER_PATTERNS = *.vbs=/path/to/plugins/visual_basic/vbfilter.sh

produces no output.

Clayton