How to avoid double entries of structs?

Andreas Tscharner
Hello World,

I am documenting a couple of IDL files. Now I've noticed that all the
structs are listed twice in the classes list (see the attached small
screenshot), once with and once without a documentation (both links
point to the same documentation page).
How do I avoid the undocumented structs entries (because they are
documented ones) WITHOUT setting the HIDE_UNDOC_CLASSES option? (I want
HIDE_UNDOC_CLASSES to be set to NO so undocumented classes lead to a
warning.)

TIA and best regards
        Andreas
--
       ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
        `o_ o  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)

Andreas Tscharner   [hidden email]   ICQ-No. 14356454

doxygen-double-entries.png (17K) Download Attachment

Re: How to avoid double entries of structs?

Fabian Cenedese
At 08:41 10.08.2016, you wrote:

>Hello World,
>
>I am documenting a couple of IDL files. Now I've noticed that all the structs are listed twice in the classes list (see the attached small screenshot), once with and once without a documentation (both links point to the same documentation page).
>How do I avoid the undocumented structs entries (because they are documented ones) WITHOUT setting the HIDE_UNDOC_CLASSES option? (I want HIDE_UNDOC_CLASSES to be set to NO so undocumented classes lead to a warning.)

I also reported a similar problem already in 2014 but didn't get a response.

http://doxygen.10944.n7.nabble.com/Double-entries-of-C-variable-td6951.html

Maybe this can be a solution for you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27845542/c-and-doxygen-removing-duplicates-of-variable-documentation

bye  Fabi

BUG with \struct in IDL (was: Re: How to avoid double entries of structs? --> Workaround found)

Andreas Tscharner
On 18.08.2016 08:37, Fabian Cenedese wrote:

> At 08:41 10.08.2016, you wrote:
>> Hello World,
>>
>> I am documenting a couple of IDL files. Now I've noticed that all
>> the structs are listed twice in the classes list (see the attached
>> small screenshot), once with and once without a documentation (both
>> links point to the same documentation page). How do I avoid the
>> undocumented structs entries (because they are documented ones)
>> WITHOUT setting the HIDE_UNDOC_CLASSES option? (I want
>> HIDE_UNDOC_CLASSES to be set to NO so undocumented classes lead to
>> a warning.)
>
> I also reported a similar problem already in 2014 but didn't get a
> response.
>
> http://doxygen.10944.n7.nabble.com/Double-entries-of-C-variable-td6951.html

I have found a workaround for my problem and I think that problem is a
bug in Doxygen. I had my structs documented as follows:

/** \struct MyStruct
   * \brief Brief description
   *
   * Longer description
   */
<struct begins here>

This led to the double entry. Removing the first line, e.g. the struct
entry fixed the problem:

/** \brief Brief description
   *
   * Longer description
   */
<struct begins here>

As I understand Doxygen, however, I think the first variant should be
valid as well and thus I think it is a bug in Doxygen.

Best regards
        Andreas
--