Quantcast

How to create man-page style options listing?

How to create man-page style options listing?

Mark
I am trying to create a man-page style options list, e.g.,

The options are:

-a      option a does something useful
-f      a really long option explanation that needs a second
         line

[Hope the above survives e-mail.]

I can’t find anything for indented paragraphs or definition lists or anything like that. named paragraphs put the title above the paragraph. \verbatim looks like it might be an option but is unattractive since you can’t include any commands in it. I’m pretty sure I’ll need at least things like \b and \e.

I sure hope the answer isn’t to use \manonly and my own groff, and therefore also \htmlonly and my own html.

Regards

    -Mark