MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

Jari Williamsson
Dear List,

I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HTML documentation for a C++
method, using the MD5 hash anchor for the method. (I have no problem
finding the correct HTML file, since the class "MyClass" simply becomes
"class_my_class.html".)

However, I have trouble founding out the text that is used to becomes
the MD5 anchor for the method.

So, if I have a method in "MyClass" declared as...
int MyMethod() const;
...what is the text that will be used to construct the MD5 hash anchor
for the method in the HTML file?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

Re: MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

damon.carter

Hello Jari

I don't know if you need to get a lot of these. I avoid this problem by adding @anchor explicitly, so I can name it what I want. I hope that helps.

- Damon

Inactive hide details for Jari Williamsson ---09/28/2015 11:46:50 AM---Dear List, I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HJari Williamsson ---09/28/2015 11:46:50 AM---Dear List, I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HTML documentation for a C++

Jari Williamsson <[hidden email]>

[hidden email],

09/28/2015 11:46 AM

[Doxygen-users] MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

Dear List,

I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HTML documentation for a C++
method, using the MD5 hash anchor for the method. (I have no problem
finding the correct HTML file, since the class "MyClass" simply becomes
"class_my_class.html".)

However, I have trouble founding out the text that is used to becomes
the MD5 anchor for the method.

So, if I have a method in "MyClass" declared as...
int MyMethod() const;
...what is the text that will be used to construct the MD5 hash anchor
for the method in the HTML file?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

http://cp.mcafee.com/d/avndxMO71MQrhoopovvjKYrKrhKyevphsuKrhKMUej76zBNUSzt4s-OyUYyrhK_tYsYO_sSxGJotroP-8a3Xv6eYKr3Xv6eYKr7vtMQsTsvW_8CzAQsLfTsWZOWqqr7cCzBV5ZdPBHEShhlhKDOEuvkzaT0QSyrhdTV4QsCzB5N6UVdYTsSjDdqymovaAWtiHsruW01_wrxYGjFxYGjB1SK8l3ON7U5SWv6xJ2Eum8_0KTjUQbAaJMJZ0kvaAWtiHsruW01_wqropspdCBIeG7ByfMbJQ-d3iWq81Ievd40nSxcQgltd40A0409Ewl-peG52hJyVJVwmQ3rk56Y0

Re: MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

Jari Williamsson
Damon,

Thanks for your suggestion! In my case, it's over 300 classes and 8,000
methods, so auto-detection of the MD5 hash anchor would be preferred.
But if I can't find out the MD5 hash generation text, I'll probably
create a parser of the source code to autogenerate @anchors instead.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson

On 2015-09-28 17:50, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello Jari
>
> I don't know if you need to get a lot of these. I avoid this problem by
> adding @anchor explicitly, so I can name it what I want. I hope that helps.
>
> - Damon
>
> Inactive hide details for Jari Williamsson ---09/28/2015 11:46:50
> AM---Dear List, I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HJari
> Williamsson ---09/28/2015 11:46:50 AM---Dear List, I'm trying to
> programmatically bring up the HTML documentation for a C++

> Jari Williamsson <[hidden email]>

> [hidden email],

> 09/28/2015 11:46 AM

> [Doxygen-users] MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

> Dear List,
>
> I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HTML documentation for a C++
> method, using the MD5 hash anchor for the method. (I have no problem
> finding the correct HTML file, since the class "MyClass" simply becomes
> "class_my_class.html".)
>
> However, I have trouble founding out the text that is used to becomes
> the MD5 anchor for the method.
>
> So, if I have a method in "MyClass" declared as...
> int MyMethod() const;
> ...what is the text that will be used to construct the MD5 hash anchor
> for the method in the HTML file?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson

> http://cp.mcafee.com/d/avndxMO71MQrhoopovvjKYrKrhKyevphsuKrhKMUej76zBNUSzt4s-OyUYyrhK_tYsYO_sSxGJotroP-8a3Xv6eYKr3Xv6eYKr7vtMQsTsvW_8CzAQsLfTsWZOWqqr7cCzBV5ZdPBHEShhlhKDOEuvkzaT0QSyrhdTV4QsCzB5N6UVdYTsSjDdqymovaAWtiHsruW01_wrxYGjFxYGjB1SK8l3ON7U5SWv6xJ2Eum8_0KTjUQbAaJMJZ0kvaAWtiHsruW01_wqropspdCBIeG7ByfMbJQ-d3iWq81Ievd40nSxcQgltd40A0409Ewl-peG52hJyVJVwmQ3rk56Y0

Re: MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

Dimitri van Heesch-2
Hi Jari,

Although you could look at MemberDef::setAnchor() to see what is used, I think it
is better to generate a tag file, and parse that to get the mapping from names to anchors.
See GENERATE_TAGFILE. A tag file is an XML file with pretty straightforward contents.

Regards,
  Dimitri

> On 28 Sep 2015, at 18:05 , Jari Williamsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Damon,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion! In my case, it's over 300 classes and 8,000
> methods, so auto-detection of the MD5 hash anchor would be preferred.
> But if I can't find out the MD5 hash generation text, I'll probably
> create a parser of the source code to autogenerate @anchors instead.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson
>

> On 2015-09-28 17:50, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Hello Jari
>>
>> I don't know if you need to get a lot of these. I avoid this problem by
>> adding @anchor explicitly, so I can name it what I want. I hope that helps.
>>
>> - Damon
>>
>> Inactive hide details for Jari Williamsson ---09/28/2015 11:46:50
>> AM---Dear List, I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HJari
>> Williamsson ---09/28/2015 11:46:50 AM---Dear List, I'm trying to
>> programmatically bring up the HTML documentation for a C++

>> Jari Williamsson <[hidden email]>

>> [hidden email],

>> 09/28/2015 11:46 AM

>> [Doxygen-users] MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

>> Dear List,
>>
>> I'm trying to programmatically bring up the HTML documentation for a C++
>> method, using the MD5 hash anchor for the method. (I have no problem
>> finding the correct HTML file, since the class "MyClass" simply becomes
>> "class_my_class.html".)
>>
>> However, I have trouble founding out the text that is used to becomes
>> the MD5 anchor for the method.
>>
>> So, if I have a method in "MyClass" declared as...
>> int MyMethod() const;
>> ...what is the text that will be used to construct the MD5 hash anchor
>> for the method in the HTML file?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Jari Williamsson

Re: MD5 Hash of C++ methods?

woody
At 06:05 PM 9/28/2015 +0200, Jari Williamsson wrote:
>Damon,
>
>Thanks for your suggestion! In my case, it's over 300 classes and 8,000
>methods, so auto-detection of the MD5 hash anchor would be preferred.
>But if I can't find out the MD5 hash generation text, I'll probably
>create a parser of the source code to autogenerate @anchors instead.

That would be interesting software to have the source for.  Essentially
that would have to be a full parser for C++ ?
autogeneration of comments etc is something that is sorely needed for
documenting cold code.