Multiple indents inside paragraphs?

Brian Henning

Hello,

I’m hoping to create some documentation that looks like this:

Blah blah blah

    Blah blah blah

        Blah blah blah

    Blah blah blah

        Blah blah blah

I don’t want blank lines between, and I want multiple layers of indenting.

I tried using HTML <p> tags with inline style attribute, but doxygen apparently strips attributes from HTML tags.

I tried doing an HTML table but that creates borders.

I could forgive blank lines in between if I could get the multiple indents.

It’s like a nested list, but without decorations (another thing Doxygen apparently doesn’t do?)

Is this possible at all?

Thanks,

-Brian

PS: Also noticed emphasis markdown (** and __) doesn’t work; I have to use HTML <em> and <strong> tags.  Is there a config switch for this?

Re: Multiple indents inside paragraphs?

albert
Brian,

Spaced in texts are always quite cumbersome.
Maybe the HTML tages <DL> etc. (see manual Chapter 25 HTML commands) or the special spacing commands like &nbsp; (The special HTML4 character entities., same chapter) might help you here.

Regarding the "PS" please give an example where it is not working.

Albert

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Brian Henning <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

markdown's ** and __ emphasis

Monique Semp
Regarding the “PS” and reply: That is surprising. I’m using Doxygen 1.8.10, and the markdown emphasis, “__” is definitely working. I had to escape it in many places where I list compiler flags that begin (and end, although that didn’t need escaping) with a double-underscore. These appear in regular comment blocks. But where it doesn’t seem to need escaping is in the \cond and ENABLED_SECTIONS. Those seem fine with leading underscores for the enabled sections flags, without any escaping. But they’re not intended to appear as output with emphasis. I do have MARKDOWN_SUPPORT = YES in my Doxyfile, so perhaps check for that?

-Monique

Re: Multiple indents inside paragraphs?

Brian Henning

Sorry, meant to send this to the list.

Hi Albert,

I hadn’t tried DL (I wasn’t aware of that one), and now that I read up on it, it sounds like it may be the right answer both effectively and semantically (my application is indeed items / descriptions) and they are allowed to be nested.

Regarding emphasis markdown:  …okay, it does work; I just have a specific case that breaks it apparently:

Source:

    - _&lt;angle_bracketed_italics&gt;_ _represent_ fields in the format string

Resultant HTML:

“Represent” is properly emphasized (as a control example), but “&lt;angle_bracketed_italics&gt;” is not.

The same happens whether I use underscores or asterisks:

    - *&lt;angle_bracketed_italics&gt;* represent fields in the format string

becomes

It seems to be connected to the interior underscores.

I can work around it of course by using <em>…</em>

Cheers,