Quantcast

Preprocess generated .dot files

Shashank Chintalagiri
Hello,

I've been using doxygen recently to try to document some embedded code I'm working on. I would like to be able to insert some custom processing code on the generated .dot files before they are used.

I've put up a small example of what I'd like to do up at http://static.chintal.in/doxygen/simplify.html

Is there some way to get doxygen to allow calling a script from within doxygen? I can't seem to find any related config options, but perhaps there is some plugin interface I could use or such?

Thanks
Shashank

Re: Preprocess generated .dot files

Shashank Chintalagiri
I've made a few minor changes to the doxygen sources to allow the user to introduce an external preprocess step for include graph dot-file creation.

The changes are available on github at https://github.com/chintal/doxygen/tree/dot-preprocess in case anyone is interested. An example python script to preprocess files is at https://github.com/chintal/dot-scripts.

Note that the changes add config options to the Doxyfile, and Doxyfiles written to use these changes will cause warnings with standard versions of doxygen.