Quantcast

[Pure C] Global variables in call graph

Xenia Galinskaya
I've a program with lots of global variables, but they are absent in
call graphs.

Is it possible to show them in CG?

Re: [Pure C] Global variables in call graph

Christoph Lipka
Am 21.03.2017 um 08:42 schrieb Xenia Galinskaya:
> I've a program with lots of global variables, but they are absent in
> call graphs.
>
> Is it possible to show them in CG?

It's a call graph. It only shows stuff that is called.
You don't "call" global variables. You just access them.

Re: [Pure C] Global variables in call graph

Xenia Galinskaya
OK, is it possible to add global variable names to call graph, somehow?

> Am 21.03.2017 um 08:42 schrieb Xenia Galinskaya:
>> I've a program with lots of global variables, but they are absent in
>> call graphs.
>>
>> Is it possible to show them in CG?
>
> It's a call graph. It only shows stuff that is called.
> You don't "call" global variables. You just access them.

С уважением,
Ксения Галинская.

(068) 387 3617

Re: [Pure C] Global variables in call graph

Richard Damon
You can make a function you call to access them! Make the function inline, and it will likely not even cost you any time/space in the program. Maybe even uglify the global variable name so you change all the references to use the accessor function.

> On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:13 AM, Xenia Galinskaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK, is it possible to add global variable names to call graph, somehow?

>>> Am 21.03.2017 um 08:42 schrieb Xenia Galinskaya:
>>> I've a program with lots of global variables, but they are absent in
>>> call graphs.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to show them in CG?
>>
>> It's a call graph. It only shows stuff that is called.
>> You don't "call" global variables. You just access them.

> С уважением,
> Ксения Галинская.
>
> (068) 387 3617

Re: [Pure C] Global variables in call graph

Xenia Galinskaya
Thanks for the idea!

> You can make a function you call to access them! Make the function inline, and it will likely not even cost you any time/space in the program. Maybe even uglify the global variable name so you change all the references to use the accessor function.
>
>> On Mar 21, 2017, at 9:13 AM, Xenia Galinskaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK, is it possible to add global variable names to call graph, somehow?

>>> It's a call graph. It only shows stuff that is called.
>>> You don't "call" global variables. You just access them.

>> --
>> С уважением,
>> Ксения Галинская.
>>
>> (068) 387 3617