Table of contents breaks when documentation spans multiple comment blocks with same @page

Jimi Damon
Hi,

I am using 1.8.6 ( on Ubuntu 14.04 ) and I have a C sample file that is being used to illustrate the order in which to make certain API calls. So , what I get is a C file that has chunks of code and before each code section, I am trying to add documentation that explains what is happening as well as providing an anchor for a higher up Doxygen page that can point to these sections.

What i am finding is that when I split up my Doxygen comments, it breaks the @tableofcontents  entry that I have supplied at the top of the C file.

Here are my two files

1.  Top level README.doc

/*! @page top_level   A subpage

@subpage sample_one A Sample

*/

1. Sample C file called sample_one.c at the same level as README.doc

/**
 * @file sample_one.c
 * @author $Format: %an <%ae>$
 * @date   $Format: %ad$
 * @version $Format: %h$
 * @page sample_one Sample One example
 * @tableofcontents
 * @section sample_one_first Some interesting stuff
 *
 * Some random text
 *
 * @section sample_one_two  More interesting stuff
 *
 *
 * @subsection sample_one_two_one  A subsection header
 *
 *
 */

/**
 * @brief A general foo structure
 *
 */
struct foo {
    int a;
    char *b;
}

int
main(int argc, char *argv[] )
{
    struct foo a;

    /**
     * @page sample_one Sample One example
     * @section configuring_something
     * @brief Initialization
     *
     */
    Init(a);
}

If I remove the last @page sample_one Sample One example line, then the table of contents is provided correctly. However, I would prefer all of these separate sections to be included in a subpage that is called "sample_one".  This won't happen unless I have the @page sample_one sprinkled throughout my .C file so that they are included.

I feel like this is a bug because Doxygen never warns me that processing this second @page causes problems.

Thanks for any ideas about what I might be missing and whether this is in fact a bug.

-Jimi

WARNING - This e-mail or its attachments may contain controlled technical data or controlled technology within the definition of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and are subject to the export control laws of the U.S. Government. Transfer of this data or technology by any means to a foreign person, whether in the United States or abroad, without an export license or other approval from the U.S. Government, is prohibited. The information contained in this document is CONFIDENTIAL and property of ACCES I/O Products, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited without express written consent of ACCES I/O Products, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message and enclosed attachments.

Re: Table of contents breaks when documentation spans multiple comment blocks with same @page

albert
Jimi,

You wrote that you are using doxygen 1.8.6, the current version is 1.8.11, how/what are the results with this newer version?

Albert

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Jimi Damon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I see the same behavior of the Table of Contents not being displayed when I added another
comment section with the /** @page sample_one */    when using the 1.8.11 version of Doxygen .

-Jimi

On 03/25/2016 03:05 AM, Albert wrote:
[...]

Did you try to specify @tableofcontents after the second page as well, looks like, at least when I interpret the output and question correctly, the second page command disables the tableofcontents and can be enabled again by calling tableofcontents again

Albert

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Jimi Damon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Albert,

I apologize for now responding as my mail program filtered  / hid this.

Your solution worked great .

adding an extra @tableofcontents after each @page solved this problem

-Jimi