'Undefined control sequence' error when using user-defined Latex header.tex

'Undefined control sequence' error when using user-defined Latex header.tex

Alexey Kushnir
Hi,

I'm using pdflatex to produce PDF file from Latex .tex files initially generated by Doxygen from C-header files.

Problem description:

Doxygen is started with config file that contains LATEX_HEADER section with absolute path to user-defined header.tex file. Doxygen generates annotated.tex file which contains '\+' entries (probably some concatenation commands).
Consequently pdflatex is executed and the error 'Undefined control sequence' is reported, which points to undefined '\+' sequences inside generated annotated.tex file.

If I execute doxygen at first without latex header input file, the default generated header.tex contains the following line:

\newcommand{\+}{\discretionary{\mbox{\scriptsize$\hookleftarrow$}}{}{}}

By adding this line inside my user-defined header.tex file, the aforementioned error disappears.

The question is how can I run doxygen to tell him to generate default latex header in the first place and only after that to read my user-defined latex header to overwrite specific commands inside my header file keeping all the default generated commands as well?

Is it possible at all? Since I as user shouldn't be aware of every single command internally used by Doxygen that I don't want to overwrite in user-defined header input file.

Looking forward for your answer, thank you!

<pwd>$ doxygen -v

1.8.9.1
<pwd>$ pdflatex -v

pdfTeX 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.16 (TeX Live 2015/Debian)
kpathsea version 6.2.1
Copyright 2015 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the pdfTeX source.
Primary author of pdfTeX: Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Compiled with libpng 1.6.17; using libpng 1.6.17
Compiled with zlib 1.2.8; using zlib 1.2.8
Compiled with poppler version 0.33.0

Best regards,
Alexey Kushnir

Re: 'Undefined control sequence' error when using user-defined Latex header.tex

albert
Alexey,

Are you, by default, using your own header.tex file, in that case you probably have to update your own header.tex file,  otherwise what happens when generating the documentation with the current version of doxygen (1.8.11) ?

Albert