Quantcast

Unexpected tag `anchor` found in struct compound in tagfile

Unexpected tag `anchor` found in struct compound in tagfile

trosh
I am using Doxygen in two packages, with one using a tagfile generated by the other.

I get the following warning when building the package (which depends on the other) :

doxygen.tag:2342: warning: Unexpected tag `anchor' found
(repeated AFAIK each time there's an anchor tag inside a struct compound tag)

This only appears to concern anchor tags inside struct compound tags.

The C code which defines the structs is similar to :

    /**
     * An error
     */
    struct err_s {
        size_t err_nb;
        size_t * err_msg;
    };

    /**
     * Alias
     */
    typedef struct err_s err_s;

Hope this is enough information to fix the warning or generation of incorrect tags, whichever needs to be fixed.

Thanks !
--
John Gliksberg
M2 MIHPS @ UVSQ

Re: Unexpected tag `anchor` found in struct compound in tagfile

trosh
I still don't understand what's going on here.

I made a small example that displays this issue's behaviour in a Github repo, it should be reproducible, and the README gives (AFAIK) all the info needed to understand the situation.

Here's a copy of the README:

This is a pair of fake C projects, low and high, with high depending on low. They each have a header file, which has a typedef to a struct and a typedef to a pointer to that (all of this documented).

/** ... */
typedef struct {...} OBJECT_s;
/** ... */
typedef OBJECT_s * OBJECT_p;

That is not necessarily a practice I particularly condone, but valid C nontheless.

Doxyfiles and Makefiles have been provided to generate the documentation and tagfile for low, and the documentation for high using low's tagfile.

A simple call to make in this repo's root will make both docs, and should hopefully reproduce the warning I am trying to understand / avoid / fix when building the high doc.

low/doxygen.tag:26: warning: Unexpected tag `anchor' found

The mentioned line is the following:

23  <compound kind="struct">
24    <name>object</name>
25    <filename>low_8h.html</filename>
26    <anchor>structobject</anchor>    <!-- CULPRIT LINE -->
27    <member kind="variable">
28      <type>int</type>
29      <name>val</name>
30      <anchorfile>low_8h.html</anchorfile>

To see how the Doxyfiles were made, I included references (made with doxygen -g) and the differences can be displayed with a simple call to make Doxyfile-diff which will call diff in both projects.

For info, these are the relevant changes at the time of writing this :

make -C low  Doxyfile-diff

> INLINE_SIMPLE_STRUCTS  = YES
> INPUT                  = .
> GENERATE_LATEX         = NO
> GENERATE_TAGFILE       = doxygen.tag

make -C high Doxyfile-diff

> INPUT                  = .
> GENERATE_LATEX         = NO
> TAGFILES               = ../low/doxygen.tag=../../low/html

Thanks for reading, and I really hope someone can shed some light into what's going on :-)
--
John Gliksberg
M2 MIHPS @ UVSQ