Unwanted line numbers in dontinclude/skip/line/until examples

Unwanted line numbers in dontinclude/skip/line/until examples

Shawn Hoover
Hello,

We're using doxygen for API reference and user manuals and enjoying the powerful linking features quite a lot.

One issue I ran into is inconsistency with line numbers in snippet examples vs. dontinclude examples. What I'm seeing is no line numbers for snippets, while dontinclude examples do have line numbers. Further, each skip/line/until command restarts the numbering at 1, which doesn't look right if I'm trying to do a sequence of commands as one.

I'm seeing this with doxygen 1.8.10 and 1.8.11 in HTML and PDF output.

Looking at the doxygen manual, I see no line numbers for the dontinclude example.

https://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/commands.html#cmddontinclude

What I would like to do is turn off the line numbers for dontinclude examples. Especially for a one-line example, it looks cleaner for my document that way and would match the general look of snippets used in other sections.

Any ideas to turn this off or at least make the numbering continuous for back-to-back commands?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Unwanted line numbers in dontinclude/skip/line/until examples

Shawn Hoover
Here's what my HTML looks like, for comparison with the better looking example in the doxygen manual:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/403607/doxygen/falconxn_qsg_0.1.2/html/falconxn-qsg/index.html

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Shawn Hoover <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

There seems to be a discrepancy between code blocks generated from markdown pages and C doxygen comments. From the C comment, all forms of code blocks I tested generate a formatted DIV fragment with no line numbers, except for the indented code block, which generates an unformatted PRE fragment with no line numbers.

On the other hand, the different code blocks generated from markdown pages are rendered differently. The fenced code block with a file extension declared and the indented code block render as above. The remaining cases render as unformatted DIV fragments with line numbers, where I expected .formatted DIV fragments without line numbers.

Is this difference expected?

Here are two sample HTML outputs (only the first section is relevant in each page): markdown page outputC doxygen comment output. Both use the same text, as follows:

\@dontinclude hqsg-falconxn.c, followed by \@skipline

@dontinclude hqsg-falconxn.c

@skipline xiaInit

Here is a fenced code block with no language:

~~~
void foo(int x);
~~~

Here is a fenced code block with .c: