Quantcast

Warning: documented function `...' was not declared or defined.

Warning: documented function `...' was not declared or defined.

Yang-37
I'm trying to use doxygen for source browsing, but I get hundreds of
these warnings:

.../kern/arch/amd64/svm.c:21: Warning: documented function `static
uint8_t msrpm' was not declared or defined.
.../lib/cppsup/eh_exception.cc:36: Warning: documented function
`std::exception::~exception' was not declared or defined.
.../lib/cppsup/eh_exception.cc:38: Warning: documented function
`std::bad_exception::~bad_exception' was not declared or defined.
.../lib/cppsup/eh_exception.cc:42: Warning: documented function `const
char * std::exception::what' was not declared or defined.
.../lib/cppsup/new_handler.cc:34: Warning: documented function `const
std::nothrow_t std::nothrow' was not declared or defined.
.../lib/cppsup/new_handler.cc:47: Warning: documented function
`std::bad_alloc::~bad_alloc' was not declared or defined.

AFAICT, the code has no documentation. I'm using doxygen 1.5.3. I
couldn't dig up much info on this warning message. Any hints would be
much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Warning: documented function `...' was not declared or defined.

Clemens Feige
On 14 Jan 2008 at 22:18, Yang wrote:

> Warning: documented function  ... was not declared or defined.

Hi Yang.

You get this warning if doxygen finds a function documentation but it
cannot find the function itself, not even a prototype. Usually this
is the case if the \fn doxygen command is used for a function that
does not exist...
But if I understand you right, then there are no comments at all in
your code, so maybe my hint does not help very much.

Clemens

Re: Warning: documented function `...' was not declared or defined.

yangzhang
> On 14 Jan 2008 at 22:18, Yang wrote:
>
>> Warning: documented function ... was not declared or defined.
>
> Hi Yang.
>
> You get this warning if doxygen finds a function documentation but it
> cannot find the function itself, not even a prototype. Usually this
> is the case if the \fn doxygen command is used for a function that
> does not exist...
> But if I understand you right, then there are no comments at all in
> your code, so maybe my hint does not help very much.
>
> Clemens

Yeah, it's the opposite situation: there are no doxygen comments, and
it's complaining about things that are in there as code. And I'm getting
this for a bunch of elements, here are some others:

/home/yang/work/josmp/lib/cppsup/tinfo2.cc:133: Warning: documented
function `bool __cxxabiv1::__pbase_type_info::__pointer_catch' was not
declared or defined.
/home/yang/work/josmp/lib/cppsup/tinfo2.cc:141: Warning: documented
function `bool __cxxabiv1::__pointer_type_info::__pointer_catch' was not
declared or defined.
/home/yang/work/josmp/lib/cppsup/tinfo2.cc:155: Warning: documented
function `bool
__cxxabiv1::__pointer_to_member_type_info::__pointer_catch' was not
declared or defined.
/home/yang/work/josmp/pkg/uclibc++/src/char_traits.cpp:29: Warning:
documented function `_UCXXEXPORT const char_traits< char >::char_type *
std::char_traits::find' was not declared or defined.
/home/yang/work/josmp/pkg/uclibc++/src/char_traits.cpp:38: Warning:
documented function `_UCXXEXPORT bool std::char_traits::eq' was not
declared or defined.
/home/yang/work/josmp/pkg/uclibc++/src/char_traits.cpp:45: Warning:
documented function `_UCXXEXPORT char_traits< char >::char_type
std::char_traits::to_char_type' was not declared or defined.
/home/yang/work/josmp/pkg/uclibc++/src/ios.cpp:154: Warning: no uniquely
matching class member found for
   _UCXXEXPORT ios_base::fmtflags std::ios_base::flags(fmtflags fmtfl)
/home/yang/work/josmp/pkg/uclibc++/src/ios.cpp:160: Warning: documented
function `_UCXXEXPORT ios_base::fmtflags std::ios_base::setf' was not
declared or defined.
/home/yang/work/josmp/pkg/uclibc++/src/ios.cpp:164: Warning: documented
function `_UCXXEXPORT ios_base::fmtflags std::ios_base::setf' was not
declared or defined.

Any help?

Thanks,

Yang

Re: Warning: documented function `...' was not declared or defined.

Hapax
Hi Yang,

I had a similar problem, and it was due to declarations in my header file being surrounded by

#ifdef WIN32

#endif

Doxygen didn't see that code, but in the CPP file it did see definitions. Nowhere was there documentation, but I was getting that "documented function ... is neither declared nor defined.". It should more properly have read "defined (member) function  ... has not been declared".

Perhaps you have similar conditional compilation issues that lead to this problem?

Good luck,

Stephen