add other programming languages to doxygen

add other programming languages to doxygen

Peter Prinzen
Hi,

I would like to add a "new" language to doxygen (National Instruments
CVI), which hase only a few "special" documentation tags. How can I
find the sourcecode of doxygen, and which compiler I should use for
windows enviroment?

TIA

Peter

Re: add other programming languages to doxygen

Dimitri van Heesch-2

On 12 aug 2008, at 12:03, Peter Prinzen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to add a "new" language to doxygen (National Instruments
> CVI), which hase only a few "special" documentation tags. How can I
> find the sourcecode of doxygen, and which compiler I should use for
> windows enviroment?

Source code: http://www.doxygen.org/download.html#svn
Compilation instructions: http://www.doxygen.org/install.html#install_src_windows
Relevant interface for a new parser: src/parseintf.h
Examples of parsers: src/*scanner.l
Examples of code browsers: src/*code.l (needed for SOURCE_BROWSER=YES
feature)
Register a new parser in initDoxygen(), which can be found in src/
doxygen.cpp

Regards,
   Dimitri

Re: add other programming languages to doxygen

gorgonz (Bugzilla)
Hi Peter,

i once had a similar problem and it was easier to write a filter for
doxygen, that maps the custom tags to the supported tags. As far as i
can see it, you will find a corresponding doxygen tag in most of the cases.

Peter Prinzen schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to add a "new" language to doxygen (National Instruments
> CVI), which hase only a few "special" documentation tags. How can I
> find the sourcecode of doxygen, and which compiler I should use for
> windows enviroment?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter

Re: add other programming languages to doxygen

gorgonz (Bugzilla)
Yes, I can do so, Peter.

My filter is written as a flex solution in C. Are you ready to try this
approach? In this case i can give you an example. But be patient for a
few days, i must grab it from home and that's not, where i am ;-)

Peter Prinzen schrieb:

> Hi Gorgonz,
>
> thx for the hint, I was in fact thinking of that. "My" programming
> language only has three docu tags, so the filtrer should be the
> easiest way. Do you can point me to a code-fragment to start with?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter
>
> 2008/8/13 Gorgonz <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> i once had a similar problem and it was easier to write a filter for
>> doxygen, that maps the custom tags to the supported tags. As far as i
>> can see it, you will find a corresponding doxygen tag in most of the cases.
>>

>> Peter Prinzen schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to add a "new" language to doxygen (National Instruments
>>> CVI), which hase only a few "special" documentation tags. How can I
>>> find the sourcecode of doxygen, and which compiler I should use for
>>> windows enviroment?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Peter

Re: add other programming languages to doxygen

GeertVc
Hi Gorgonz,

Bugzilla from gorgonz@web.de wrote
Yes, I can do so, Peter.

My filter is written as a flex solution in C. Are you ready to try this
approach? In this case i can give you an example. But be patient for a
few days, i must grab it from home and that's not, where i am ;-)
I'm also interested in those code examples.  Is it possible to send this information to me too?

My email address:  geert dot vancompernolle at gmail dot com.

Thanks in advance!

Best rgds,

--Geert