browser support - for HTML output ?

Monique Semp
Hello, Doxygen users,

Is there a list anywhere that says what the browser support is for Doxygen’s HTML output (from Doxygen 1.8.10)?

Or barring that, is there an explanation of which version of HTML is output?

It’s always good to tell users how to achieve the best viewing experience...

Thanks,
-Monique

Re: browser support - for HTML output ?

Monique Semp
> Is there a list anywhere that says what the browser support is for Doxygen’s HTML output (from Doxygen 1.8.10)? Or barring that, is there an explanation of which version of HTML is output?

Hmm... no reply. I guess this isn’t a simple thing to answer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what we *can* say about browser support for viewers of Doxygen’s HTML output, even if it’s a very small list of browsers/versions that we know are fully supported (and then I’d just include info along the lines of, “Other browsers may work but have not been tested.”?

-Monique

Re: browser support - for HTML output ?

Dimitri van Heesch-2

> On 09 Sep 2015, at 0:55 , Monique Semp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Is there a list anywhere that says what the browser support is for Doxygen’s HTML output (from Doxygen 1.8.10)? Or barring that, is there an explanation of which version of HTML is output?

Doxygen outputs XHTML 1.0 transitional (or HTML 4.01) compatible output.

> Hmm... no reply. I guess this isn’t a simple thing to answer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what we *can* say about browser support for viewers of Doxygen’s HTML output, even if it’s a very small list of browsers/versions that we know are fully supported (and then I’d just include info along the lines of, “Other browsers may work but have not been tested.”?

Any version of the major browsers (IE,Chrome,Firefox,Safari) released in the last 5 years should work.
Other and older browsers may also work, but may not handle the dynamic stuff as well (e.g. the tree view and client side searching).

Regards,
  Dimitri

Re: browser support - for HTML output ?

woody
At 03:55 PM 9/8/2015 -0700, Monique Semp wrote:
> Is there a list anywhere that says what the browser support is for Doxygen

It seems to be working o.k. under firefox 27.0.1 on windows