Quantcast

\include inserts line numbers for LaTeX/PDF output

\include inserts line numbers for LaTeX/PDF output

Vega, Luis A

Doxygen offers two options when including examples.  One for just the text (i.e., \include), and the other with line numbers (i.e., \includeline).

The options work as advertised on the HTML output, but for the LaTeX/PDF output the \include outputs with line numbers.  While not a big deal, the inconsistency can prevent the insertion of examples meant to be copy & paste (kind-off … most editors don’t support delete by column) when a document is generated in LaTeX/PDF format.

Is this a bug or is there a different way to prevent insertion of line numbers when including sample code in LaTeX/PDF output?

Thanks

Luis Vega

Re: \include inserts line numbers for LaTeX/PDF output

albert
Luis,

Which version of doxygen are you using? I did a quick test on Windows with 1.8.11 and didn't see the behavior you described.
In case the problem persist: Can you please attach a self-contained example (source+config file in a tar or zip) that allows us to reproduce the problem or file a bug report (see: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/trouble.html#bug_reports) with the relevant informatin?

Albert

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 11:50 PM, Vega, Luis A <[hidden email]> wrote:

Doxygen offers two options when including examples.  One for just the text (i.e., \include), and the other with line numbers (i.e., \includeline).

The options work as advertised on the HTML output, but for the LaTeX/PDF output the \include outputs with line numbers.  While not a big deal, the inconsistency can prevent the insertion of examples meant to be copy & paste (kind-off … most editors don’t support delete by column) when a document is generated in LaTeX/PDF format.

Is this a bug or is there a different way to prevent insertion of line numbers when including sample code in LaTeX/PDF output?

Thanks

Luis Vega

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: \include inserts line numbers for LaTeX/PDF output

Vega, Luis A

Enclose are the example files.  Problem will show up when including a non-source text file (in my case a sample makefile).

Which version of doxygen are you using? I did a quick test on Windows with 1.8.11 and didn't see the behavior you described.

In case the problem persist: Can you please attach a self-contained example (source+config file in a tar or zip) that allows us to reproduce the problem or file a bug report (see: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/trouble.html#bug_reports) with the relevant informatin?

Albert

userbuild.mk (1K) Download Attachment
Demo.hpp (178 bytes) Download Attachment
Doxyfile (15K) Download Attachment
test.dox (120 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: \include inserts line numbers for LaTeX/PDF output

albert
Luis,

I was able to reproduce the problem.
The example makefile is in your case the 'userbuild.mk', looks like in one way or another a wrong printing routine is called.
A quick workaround is:EXTENSION_MAPPING = mk=C

Best Regards,

Albert

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:14 AM, Vega, Luis A <[hidden email]> wrote:

Enclose are the example files.  Problem will show up when including a non-source text file (in my case a sample makefile).

Which version of doxygen are you using? I did a quick test on Windows with 1.8.11 and didn't see the behavior you described.

In case the problem persist: Can you please attach a self-contained example (source+config file in a tar or zip) that allows us to reproduce the problem or file a bug report (see: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/trouble.html#bug_reports) with the relevant informatin?

Albert

Re: EXTERNAL: Re: \include inserts line numbers for LaTeX/PDF output

albert
Luis,

Better option is  to use @verbinclude instead of @include.

In the mean time I found the problem and pushed a proposed patch to github (pull request 505)

Albert