indent \warning, \todo, (etc.) within \param content ?

indent \warning, \todo, (etc.) within \param content ?

Monique Semp
Hello, Doxygen users,

In Doxygen 1.8.10, is there a way to control the indentation of tags such as \todo and \warning when they’re part of a \param description?

If I use a \todo or \warning tag in a \param description, the Todo or Warning item (and its color vertical bar) are outdented/aligned with the “Parameters” heading instead of being aligned with the relevant \param description. And then the “Parameters” heading repeats above the remaining parameter descriptions.

The result is a less-than-optimal user experience because it’s confusing to figure out to what the Todo or Warning applies.

Ideally, the \todo or \warning would be “double-indented” so that it aligns with the parameter description text, not the name of the parameter.

I thought about creating an xrefitem alias and styling it to be indented, but the problem is that the desired alignment is unpredictable because it depends on the length of the parameter name strings, which are output as “paramname” class <td> elements in a “params” table’s <tr> rows.

What’s really needed is for \todo items to be output to the same table cells as the parameters themselves. The output that I’m seeing breaks apart the parameter table, inserting the “todo” class between the resulting two “params” classes/tables.

Thanks for any advice,
-Monique