Quantcast

linking to doxygen

johnk
I'd like to link to Doxygen pages from a wiki.  Currently, we do that by
generating all the documentation in the top-level directory.  This is
less than ideal as it results in over 48000 files in a single
directory.  Doxygen allows for the creation of sub-directories to
alleviate this, but the mapping doesn't seem straight-forward.

Several javascript files are generated by Doxygen that look like they
could provide a look-up table, but I've been investigating hierarchy.js
and have been unable to figure out how it's generated, nor how it's
used.  Given my inability to discover how the file is generated and
used, I'm a little reluctant to make use of it for fear it might
disappear in some future release.  I've been poking at this for a while
now, and haven't uncovered any answers yet.

Is there a known method for linking to the appropriate document using
the name of the class/file/namespace/etc. as a reference?

Re: linking to doxygen

Dimitri van Heesch-2

> On 13 Apr 2015, at 19:11 , johnk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'd like to link to Doxygen pages from a wiki.  Currently, we do that by
> generating all the documentation in the top-level directory.  This is
> less than ideal as it results in over 48000 files in a single
> directory.  Doxygen allows for the creation of sub-directories to
> alleviate this, but the mapping doesn't seem straight-forward.
>
> Several javascript files are generated by Doxygen that look like they
> could provide a look-up table, but I've been investigating hierarchy.js
> and have been unable to figure out how it's generated, nor how it's
> used.  Given my inability to discover how the file is generated and
> used, I'm a little reluctant to make use of it for fear it might
> disappear in some future release.  I've been poking at this for a while
> now, and haven't uncovered any answers yet.
>
> Is there a known method for linking to the appropriate document using
> the name of the class/file/namespace/etc. as a reference?

This has been discussed before, see:
http://doxygen.10944.n7.nabble.com/how-to-link-to-a-doxygen-page-td1089.html

Regards,
  Dimitri