Quantcast

"warning: Internal inconsistency: member XXX does not belong to any container!"

"warning: Internal inconsistency: member XXX does not belong to any container!"

Stephen Pape
Hello,

I'm using Doxygen 1.8.11, which shipped with Ubuntu 16.04. I've also
tried 1.8.12, compiled from source, which has the same issue.

I have an enum class like this:

namespace foo {

/**
 *  @brief is a strongly typed enum class representing a supported
processor type
 */
enum class CpuType {
    /** @brief PowerPC Type 93 */
    CPU_PPC603 = 93,
    /** @brief PowerPC Type 112 */
    CPU_PPC112 = 112,
    /** @brief The Xtensa processor */
    CPU_XTENSA = 131,
    /** @brief Catch-all for unsupported CPUs*/
    UNKNOWN_CPU_TYPE = -1
};

}

Doxygen prints out the following:

/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:24: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member CPU_PPC603 does not belong to any
container!
/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:24: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member CPU_PPC603 does not belong to any
container!
/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:26: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member CPU_PPC112 does not belong to any
container!
/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:26: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member CPU_PPC112 does not belong to any
container!
/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:28: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member CPU_XTENSA does not belong to any
container!
/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:28: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member CPU_XTENSA does not belong to any
container!
/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:31: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member UNKNOWN_CPU_TYPE does not belong to any
container!
/home/papes/git/libwdbrpc/include/const/CpuType.hh:31: warning:
Internal inconsistency: member UNKNOWN_CPU_TYPE does not belong to any
container!

This happens with all of my enum classes, and I haven't found a way to
work around it. I can find the enum in Doxygen if I go through another
class that uses it, but none of the values are documented. Changing
them to be regular enums gets rid of the warning, but the values are
still not documented.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks!