Quantcast

\warning - customize the "Warning" text ?

\warning - customize the "Warning" text ?

Monique Semp
Hello, Doxygen users,

(Doxygen 1.8.10, Windows 7)

Is there a way to create in essence an alias for the \warning command? I’m looking to create a “Memory Usage” style for flagging memory issues, and it’d be ideal if I could simply change the “Warning” label/text to say, “Memory Usage”. (And bonus if I could change the red color to some other color.)

One method is to use the \xrefitem and alias to customize the output text and styling, but I haven’t found a way to omit the consolidated page (the one that lists all the \xrefitem instances) from the output. And I don’t want a consolidated page of all “memory usage” notes.

Thanks,
-Monique

Re: \warning - customize the "Warning" text ?

Clemens Feige
Monique Semp wrote on 22.09.2016 at 01:02:

> Hello, Doxygen users,
>
> (Doxygen 1.8.10, Windows 7)
>
> Is there a way to create in essence an alias for the \warning command?
> I’m looking to create a “Memory Usage” style for flagging memory issues,
> and it’d be ideal if I could simply change the “Warning” label/text to
> say, “Memory Usage”. (And bonus if I could change the red color to some
> other color.)
>
> One method is to use the \xrefitem and alias to customize the output
> text and styling, but I haven’t found a way to omit the consolidated
> page (the one that lists all the \xrefitem instances) from the output.
> And I don’t want a consolidated page of all “memory usage” notes.
>
> Thanks,
> -Monique

Hello Monique

If you like to omit the auto-generated consolidated page (created by
\xrefitem), then all you want seems to be a simple paragraph with
headline "Memory Usage", do you?

Then just make your own \memory (or @memory) command, as explained in
the comments inside the configuration file:

ALIAS = "memory=@par Memory Usage:\n"

Clemens

Re: \warning - customize the "Warning" text ?

albert
Hello Monique,

Quite a few things in the doxygen HTML Pages can be steered with the css file. Here you can steer the color of e.g. the warnings (items dl.warning, dl.section). Splitting the warnings over categories is a different issue that is currently only possible by means of \xref (as far as I know).

Best Regards,

Albert

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Clemens Feige <[hidden email]> wrote:
Monique Semp wrote on 22.09.2016 at 01:02:
> Hello, Doxygen users,
>
> (Doxygen 1.8.10, Windows 7)
>
> Is there a way to create in essence an alias for the \warning command?
> I’m looking to create a “Memory Usage” style for flagging memory issues,
> and it’d be ideal if I could simply change the “Warning” label/text to
> say, “Memory Usage”. (And bonus if I could change the red color to some
> other color.)
>
> One method is to use the \xrefitem and alias to customize the output
> text and styling, but I haven’t found a way to omit the consolidated
> page (the one that lists all the \xrefitem instances) from the output.
> And I don’t want a consolidated page of all “memory usage” notes.
>
> Thanks,
> -Monique

Hello Monique

If you like to omit the auto-generated consolidated page (created by
\xrefitem), then all you want seems to be a simple paragraph with
headline "Memory Usage", do you?

Then just make your own \memory (or @memory) command, as explained in
the comments inside the configuration file:

ALIAS = "memory=@par Memory Usage:\n"

Clemens

Re: \warning - customize the "Warning" text ?

S-TEC AG, Lukas Leuenberger

Hello Monique

I needed for my project something similar like you asked for. To achieve that I added a new alias

and included a css file with the following in it:

dl.tipp

{

        margin-left: -7px;

        padding-left: 3px;

        border-left: 4px solid;

        border-color: #0000FF;

}

This produced the same as the warning command but with the text „Tipp“ and the color blue.

Kind Regards

Lukas

Monique Semp wrote on 22.09.2016 at 01:02:

> Hello, Doxygen users,

> (Doxygen 1.8.10, Windows 7)

> Is there a way to create in essence an alias for the \warning command?

> I?m looking to create a ?Memory Usage? style for flagging memory

> issues, and it?d be ideal if I could simply change the ?Warning?

> label/text to say, ?Memory Usage?. (And bonus if I could change the

> red color to some other color.)

> One method is to use the \xrefitem and alias to customize the output

> text and styling, but I haven?t found a way to omit the consolidated

> page (the one that lists all the \xrefitem instances) from the output.

> And I don?t want a consolidated page of all ?memory usage? notes.

> Thanks,

> -Monique

Re: \warning - customize the "Warning" text ?

Monique Semp
Thanks, Luke!

I found that I needed to escape the quote marks that surround the class info, so the following result does exactly what I wish:

And in my custom stylesheet (as assigned to the HTML_EXTRA_STYLESHEET config value in my Doxyfile), I simply added the dl.memory to the styling for dl.warning and dl.attention:

dl.warning, dl.attention, dl.memory
{
        margin-left:-7px;
        padding-left: 3px;